Texas Vascular Associates, PA
621 N. Hall Street
Dallas, Texas 75226
Dr. Chu sees patients at our Dallas and McKinney clinic locations.
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship– Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL July 2005- June 2007
- General Surgery Residency- University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey – New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ July 1999 – June 2005
- Medical Degree– University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 1995-1999
- Bachelor of Arts– Cum laude, Biophysics, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 1991-1995
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) 2018
- American Board of Surgery
Board Certified in Vascular Surgery, #101833; valid until 07/2018
Board Certified in General Surgery, #50993; valid until 07/2016
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT); issued 08/2007
- American Heart Association
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Awards and Honors
- Shock Society Travel Award, 2002
- ABSITE Book Allowance Award, 2000, 2002, 2003
- Surgical Resident Program – American College of Surgeon, Clinical Congress, New Orleans, LA, 2002
- Bachelors of Arts conferred Cum Laude, 1995
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1995
- Golden Key Honor Society, 1994
- Dean’s List – 7 semesters
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Baylor Jack and Jane Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Medical Center of McKinney: McKinney, TX
- Baylor Medical Center at McKinney, McKinney, TX
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Medical City Dallas, Dallas, TX
- Faculty, Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Endovascular Committee, Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Dallas County Medical Society, 2007-present
- American Medical Association, 1996-present
Bibliography – Publications
- Golarz SR, Chu TH, Vasquez J. Endovascular placement of the venous limb of a dialysis access graft using a Gore TAG introducer sheath in a patient with a difficult access. Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent). 2009 Jul;22(3):221-2.
- Deitch, EA, Chu, H and Xu, DZ. Organ Blood Flow and the Central Hemodynamic Response are Better Preserved in Female, As Opposed to the Male Rats, After Trauma-Hemorrhagic Shock. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. 65(3): 566-572, September 2008.
- Feinman R, Galante A, Chu HB, Xu DZ, Lu Q, Abungu B, Streck D, Dermody J, Aris V, Soteropoulos P and Deitch EA. Molecular signals of hemorrhagic shock-induced lung injury. Shock. 2007 Sep; 28(3):360-8.
- Quadri SM, Malik AB, Chu HB, Freedman RS and Vriesendorp HM. Intraperitoneal Indium-111- and Yttrium-90-labeled IgM (AC6C3-2B12) in nude mice bearing intraperitoneal carcinomatosis. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 1996; 37:1545-1551
- Vriesendorp HM, Chu H, Ochran TG, Besa PC and Champlin RE. Radiobiology of total body irradiation. Bone Marrow Transplantation 1994, 14(Suppl. 4):S4-S8.
- Chu H and Kalman PG (2006). Peripheral Arterial Diseases. RS Irwin and JM Rippe (Eds.), Irwin and Rippe’s Textbook of Intensive Care Medicine, 6th Ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia.
- Rodriguez HE and Chu H (2006). Complications of EVAR and Cases to Avoid. In WH Pearce, JS Mastsumura and JS Yao (Eds.), Trends in Vascular Surgery 2006. Evanston, IL: Greenwood Academics.
- Chu H, Bhatti A, Labropoulos N, Hazelwood K, Aulivola B, Barros M, Amaral S, Kalman PG, Correlation of superficial venous anatomy and reflux with clinical severity: What have we learned through routine duplex surveillance during the endovenous era? Presented at the Midwestern Vascular Society 2006 Annual Meeting; Cleveland, OH
- Chu HB, Hasko G, Xu DZ, Galante A, Soteropoulos P, Tolias PP and Deitch EA. Gene expression in lung tissue after trauma-hemorrhagic shock is altered by mesenteric lymph duct ligation. Presented at the Twenty-Fifth Annual Conference of the Shock Society 2003, Big Sky, Montana,