Texas Vascular Associates, PA
621 N. Hall Street
Dallas, Texas 75226
Dr. Grimsley sees patients at our Dallas clinic location.
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship, Baylor University Medical Center- Dallas, Texas
- General Surgery Residency, Wake Forest University Medical Center- Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Medical Degree, Emory University School of Medicine- Atlanta, Georgia
- Bachelor of Sciences, Summa Cum Laude, Biology, Georgia Southwestern- Americus, Georgia
- Associate of Arts, Biology, Bainbridge College- Bainbridge, Georgia
- American Board of Surgery, June 2000, Recertified – 2010
- American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery- May 2002 – Recertified 2011
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- Certified Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- Completed Parts 1, 2 and 3 National Board of Medical Examiners
- Licensed, Texas Medical Board
- Born and raised in Southern Georgia, Dr. Grimsley moved to Dallas, Texas for his vascular sugery specialty training at Baylor University Medical Center. After completion he joined Texas Vascular Associates where he has been in practice since July 2000.
- Dr. Grimsley has a private pilot license as well as single engine land and airplane instrument rating. He enjoys spending time with family, snow sking, scuba diving, and playing guitar/ banjo.
Clinical Appointments- Vascular Surgeon and Endovascular Specialist
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano, Plano, TX
- The Heart Hospital at Baylor Plano, Plano, TX
- Medical City Dallas, Dallas, TX
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- International Society of Endovascular Specialist
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Surgical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Southeastern Surgical Congress
- Southern Association Vascular Surgery
Ongoing Research and Clinical Interests
- Studying subclavian vein stenosis and results of transluminal angioplasty and stenting.
- Dr. Brad Grimsley has published and presented a number of scientific articles as it relates to Vascular/ Endovascular interventions. He has also been involved in a number of research projects/ trials relating to his specialty.
- He is presently most interested in the diverse application of Endovascular techniques as they apply to carotid, aneursymal, upper/ lower extremity arterial occlusive disease, as well as venous ablation therapy for symptomatic varicose veins.
Bibliography – Publications
- Kedora, J, Hohmann, S, Pearl, GJ, Garrett, WV, Grimsley, BR, Munschauer, C, Theune, B, Gable, DR. Randomized Comparison of Percutaneous Viabahn Stent Grafts vs Prosthetic Femoral-Popliteal Bypass in the Treatment of Superficial Femoral Artery Occlusive Disease. Journal of Vascular Surgery. January 2007; 10-16.
- Gable DR, Bergamini T, Garrett WV, Hise J, Smith BL, Shutze WP, Pearl GJ, Grimsley BR. Intermediate follow-up of carotid artery stent placement. Am J Surg. 2003;185, No. 3:183-87.
- R. Rosenthal, B. Grimsley. Images in clinical medicine. Kinked carotids. New England Journal of Medicine. 2010;362(5):448.
- Golarz SR. Grimsley B. Use of Wall stent to exclude a thrombosed Inferior vena cava filter. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2010:24(5):690.e5-7.
- Patetsios PP. Shutze W. Holden B. Garrett WV. Pearl GJ. Smith BL. Gable DR. Grimsley BR. Repair of a mycotic aneurysm of the infrarenal aorta in a patient with HIV, using a Palmaz stent and autologous femoral vein graft. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 16(4):521-3, 2002 Jul.
- Lamont JP. Pearl GJ. Patetsios P. Warner MT. Gable DR. Garrett W. Grimsley B. Smith BL. Shutze WP. Prospective evaluation of endoluminal venous stents in the treatment of May-Thurner syndrome. Annals of Vascular Surgery. 16(1):61-4, 2002 Jan.
- Patetsios P, Gable, DR, Garrett, WV, Lamont JP, Kuhn JA, Shutze WP, Kourlis H, Grimsley B, Pearl, GJ, Smith, BL, Talkington CM, Thompson, JE. Carotid Body Paraganglioma and Review of a 30-Year Experience. Ann Vascular Surgery 2002, 16:3.
- Gable, DR, Pearl, GJ, Garrett WV, Smith BL, Grimsley BR, Shutze WP. Repair of A Mycotic Aneurysm of the Infrarenal Aorta in a Patient with HIV, Using Palmaz Stent and Autologous Femoral Vein Graft. Ann Vascular Surgery 2002, 16:4.
- Grimsley BR, Wells JK, Pearl GJ, Garrett WV, Shutze WP, Talkington M, Gable DR, Smith BL, Thompson JE. Bovine pericardial patch angioplasty in carotid endarterectomy. American Surgeon 2001;67:890-95.
- Grimsley BR, et al; Bovine Pericardial Patch Angioplasty In Carotid Endarterectomy. American Surgeon, September, 2001.
- Graves Disease Diagnosis and Treatment; College research project, Department of Biology, GSW/UGA: Science Day Presentation.
Bibliography – Presentations
- Liechty J, Hohmann SE, Shutze WP, Grimsley BR. Primary patency in axillary-axillary arteriovenous PTFE grafts for hemodialysis in difficult access patients. North Texas Chapter, American College of Surgeons, 2011 Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, February 18-19, 2011.
- Gierman JL, Shutze WP, Pearl GJ, Hohmann SE, Smith BL, Gable DR, et al. “Treatment of Proximal Vertebral Artery Disease”. 35th Annual Meeting Southern Association for Vascular Surgery, Naples, FL, January 19-22, 2011.
- Grimsley BR, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Presented at Cardiovascular Symposium, August 2009, Southfork Ranch, TX.
- JD Wollard, SE Hohmann, JC Kedora, BR Grimsley, TL Fisher, S Barnes, WP Shutze. Early Single-Institution Experience with Hemodialysis Reliable Outflow (HeRO) Vascular Access Device. Society for Vascular Surgery, June 2010.
- Pearl GJ, Garrett WV, Smith BL, Shutze WP, Gable DR, Grimsley BR, Dunn TJ, Kedora JC, Hohmann SE. Mid-term Comparison of Percutaneous Viahabn Stent Graft vs Conventional Surgical Femoral Bypass in the treatment of Superficial Arterial Occlusive Disease. Society for Vascular Surgery, June 2006, Philadelphia, PA.
- Pearl GJ, Garrett WV, Smith BL, Shutze WP, Gable DR., Grimsley BR,Dunn TJ, Kedora John, Hohmann Stephen, “Mid-term Comparison of Percutaneous Viahahn Stent Graft vs Conventional Surgical Femoral Bypass in the treatment of Superficial Arterial Occlusive Disease”, North Texas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, Dallas, Texas, February 25, 2006.
- Hohmann, SE, Gable DR., Grimsley BR. Pearl GJ, Smith BL, Garrett WV, Lamont JP, Carlo JC, Hamilton C, Shutze WP. Evaluation of Iliac Venous Stenting in May-Thurner Syndrome. North Texas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons 44th Annual Meeting , February 25-26, 2005, Dallas, Texas.
- Hohmann, Stephen, Gable DR, Grimsley BR, Pearl GJ, Smith BL, Garrett, WV, Lamont, Jeffrey, Carlo John, Hamilton Cody, Shutze WP. Long Term Evaluation of Iliac Vein Stenting in May-Thurner Syndrome. Presented to the Southern Association for Vascular Surgery 29th Annual Meeting, January 19-22, 2005, Marco Island, Florida.
- Gable DR, Munschauer CE, Garrett WV, Smith BL, Pearl GJ, Shutze WP, Grimsley BR. Vascular access coordination at a large tertiary care hospital. Presented to the Texas Transplantation Society June 24, 2004, Austin, Texas.
- Davidson IJ, Gable DR, Garrett WV, Grimsley BR, Smith BL, Nicholas D, Munschauer CE. Vascular access survival following banding for hand ischemia. Presented to the Texas Transplantation Society June 24, 2004, Austin, Texas.
- Davidson IJA, Garrett WV, Smith BL, Gable DR., Grimsley BR, Nichols D, Munschauer CE. Vascular Access Survival Following Banding for Hand Ischemia. Presented to The III International Congress of The Vascular Access Society, Lisbon, Portugal, May 21-23, 2003.
- Gable DR., Munschauer CE, Garrett WV, Smith BL, Pearl GJ, Shutze, WP, Grimsley BR. Vascular access coordination at a large tertiary care hospital. Presented at Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society 13th Annual Winter Meeting, January 31-February 2, 2003, Snowmass, Colorado.
- Grimsley BR, Hansen KJ, Ligush J, Selective Preoperative Use of Stress Echocardiography for Perioperative Cardiac Risk Assessment in Patients Undergoing Major Noncardiac Vascular Surgery. Presented at Southern Association for Vascular Surgery (SAVS), Naples, FL, January 1999. Manuscript submitted.
- Grimsley BR, Loggie BW, Rectum-Preserving Surgery In a Patient with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Case Report and Literature Review. Presented at Southeastern Surgical Congress meeting, February 1998.
- Grimsley BR, Schneider AM, Molnar J, Meredith JW, Use of a New Technique to Improve Skin Graft Take in Difficult Recipient Sites. Presented at Southeastern Surgical Congress Meeting, February 1998.
- Grimsley BR, Pennell TC, Goco IR, Vascular Compression of the Duodenum: Unique Case Report and Alternative Surgical Approach. Presented at Southeastern Surgical Congress Meeting, February 1997.
- Grimsley BR, Hansen KJ, Rocco MV, Efficacy of Stenting in Hemodialysis Patient with Ipsilateral Proximal Central Venous Obstructions. Poster presentation at Southeastern Surgical Congress Meeting, February 1997. Manuscript submitted and in review.
- Grimsley BR, Loggie BW, Coco IR, Hemangiopericytoma: An Unusual Cause of Upper Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage, American Surgeon: pgs 248-250, February 1997.